Monday, October 14, 2013

Squash

I picked up some delicata squash at Nicewicz Farm when I was apple picking. The woman working the stand raved about this squash. No peeling necessary and really easy to cook. This was my lunch today and it was so delicious. The squash is really sweet.


To prepare, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and cut into rings. Toss with a little olive oil, lay flat on a sheet pan, and roast at 425 for about a half hour, flipping over every 10 minutes or so. The squash will get soft, and the sides will brown. It's a good side dish, though today it was all I had.

I found some easy directions online, because I hadn't discussed temperature at the farm. The Summer Tomatoes blog is pretty cool; some great recipes and good health articles. Check out the History link too.






1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm... Looks great! I may have to try it. I've always been curious as to what the different types of squash taste like (other than butternut and summer squash). I need to be more adventures as well. Maybe I'll try that spaghetti squash I talked myself out of buying the other day at the grocery store. :)

    ReplyDelete