Saturday, October 12, 2013

Amazing Apple Bread!

A couple of weeks ago we bought a big bag of apples at an orchard. I've been trying to find different ways to use them up (other than apple sauce - my usual). Last week I made apple crisp. This week's adventure... apple bread.

I've never made apple bread before, so I had to do a little research to find a recipe. I came across this Apple Bread recipe on allrecipes.com. Based on some of the reviews I changed it up a little. I used 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar, along with a teaspoon of vanilla. I also baked it at 350 degrees for 1 hour rather than 300 degrees for 90 minutes.

It makes the house smell amazing when it's baking! I wish I could bottle that smell! :)

We finally cut into it this morning... so yummy! Moist and reminds me of apple pie. I highly recommend this recipe (with the changes). Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!




No comments:

Post a Comment