Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Great Simple Dinner

Last week we had some out of town guest coming for the weekend. I needed to figure out a dinner that was easy to make while I was working. So naturally I used my slow cooker.... I love that thing!

For the main dish I made Spicy Pop Pulled Pork that I've made for Rick before. He absolutely loves it and asked me to make it this time as well. It's super easy and very flavorful. I used Dr. Pepper for the pop portion of this recipe. :)

I also had some small yellow potatoes that I needed to use. So I made some Garlic Roasted Potatoes to go along with the pork. Delicious! Rick said these were his favorite roasted potatoes I've made. The only change I made to this recipe was the parsley.... I didn't have fresh so I used some dried parsley I had in the cabinet.

Since I didn't have a vegetable I pulled some Corn Casserole with Red Bell Peppers and JalapeƱos out of the freezer. I had made this a few weeks before and froze it in smaller portions. It worked out great. Just defrosted it and heated it up on the stove. A couple of changes I made to this recipe:

  • I used frozen corn
  • Substituted half and half for the heavy cream (it's not as thick but I don't think it's an issue)
Even with the changes the corn was wonderful!

Since my guests seemed to be really pleased with this meal I thought I would share all the recipes. They are all super easy and full of flavor! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment