Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apple Crisp!

I love apple crisp! I had a bag of apples from the orchard that I needed to use, so I decided to make one of my favorite desserts. Last time I made apple crisp I used a box mix for the crisp part. Yesterday, I decided I wanted to make it from scratch. Boy am I glad I did!

I searched for an apple crisp recipe online. One of the recipes I came across was from Martha Stewart. I figured you can't go wrong with Martha!?! So I decided to take a shot at her Apple Crisp recipe.

Not only was it easy to make... I think the most work is pealing and coring the apples... but it was delicious! It made the house smell so yummy!

I made it early in the day and then put it back in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees to warm it up. Worked out perfectly. One other thing I would add is that the recipe tells you the amount of apples in pounds to use. I use about 6-7 good sized apples. Seemed like a good amount.

As a matter of fact I think I may go get some of the leftovers..... :)
Comes out smelling and looking delicious.

Added a little whipped cream to top it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment