Monday, January 20, 2014

Butternut Squash and Arugula Salad

Lately I've been slacking around the vegetable area.... so I thought it was time to bring more of them back into my diet. I think I need more variety. I've been catching up on my food magazines and found a salad recipe in my Rachael Ray magazine. I don't know about you but winter doesn't make me want to have a lot of salad, but I decided to give it a try.

I made butternut squash and arugula salad last night for dinner. When I read the recipe I knew I liked everything in it. I have to admit I was a little nervous about the combination. It was delicious! I didn't toss the entire salad with the dressing since I'm not big on mushy leftover salad. I just put a little in my own salad and tossed it that way. Worked great for me!

I had it again tonight for dinner. It was still really tasty!
Salad tossed without dressing

Salad with some shaved parm cheese and tossed in some of the dressing... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment